Monday, April 11, 2011

Shortbread Cookies



Level: Beginner
Ingredients:
-1 cup butter (2 sticks)
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 cups flour

Directions:
1. Preheat oven at 350*. Mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and flour slowly.
3. You can add mix-ins to your dough, including almond extract and nuts. You can also dip the cookies in melted chocolate. It is also a good dough to make them in to shapes if you have a cutter or a cookie press. I made into small balls, pressed finger in the middle, and filled dent with a little bit of homemade jam. Delicious!
4. Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes until golden around the edges.

***These cookies are very soft, best eaten sooner rather than later because it not they will fall apart. I kind of like them old, but I know I'm kind of weird with those things, so I don't recommend it for everyone.***



0 comments:

Post a Comment