Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Asian Thread Noodles with Peanut Sauce

Level: Beginner
Ingredients:
-1/2 package of rice thread noodles
-1/2-1 bottle of Asian peanut sauce
-Soy sauce
-Frozen peas and frozen peppers stir-fry or frozen vegetable stir-fry
-Vegetable oil / sesame oil is best
-Peanuts (optional)

I was trying to do this recipe based on something I ate that our friend Danny-Lu made. But I didn't really know the recipe so it was sort of improvised.

Directions:
1. Stir-fry the vegetables with a little bit of oil and a little bit of sauce just for taste.
2. Cook the noodles in boiling water. They only take a few minutes to cook so take them out fast. Look at the package for instructions (I had to drain them in a piece of cloth because my strainer's holes were to large.) Make sure to add a little bit of oil or sauce right away or they will all clump up into a big mess.
3. In a separate large bowl, mix the vegetables with the noodles and add the peanut sauce. Add soy sauce to taste.

(In this sample I used the whole package and then some, which turned out too be waaaayyy too much. Don't make the same mistake. Good luck!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment